- Neutropenia is found in up to 79.5% of patients on palbociclib:
- Neutropenia and the risk for infections must be discussed with patients prior to initiation of treatment
- Other common adverse effects of this drug include:
- Fatigue (37.4%)
- Nausea (35.1%)
- Alopecia (32.9%)
- Finn RS, Martin M, Rugo HS, Jones S, Im SA, Gelmon K, et al. Palbociclib and Letrozole in advanced breast cancer. New Engl J Med. 2016;375(20):1925-1936.
- Finn RS, Crown JP2, Lang I3, Boer K4, Bondarenko IM5, Kulyk SO, et al. The cyclin-dependent kinase 4/6 inhibitor palbociclib in combination with letrozole versus letrozole alone as first-line treatment of oestrogen receptor-positive, HER2-negative, advanced breast cancer (PALOMA-1/TRIO-18): a randomised phase 2 study. Lancet Oncol. 2015;16(1):25-35.
#Arrangoiz #BreastSurgeon #BreastCancer #CancerSurgeon #SurgicalOncology #CASO #CenterforAdvancedSurgicalOncology