👉The thyroid gland, located at the base of the neck, is shaped like a butterfly, and produces hormones that regulate heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, and weight.
👉In thyroid cancer does not cause any symptoms most of the time in the initial stages, but as it grows it can cause:
- A lump (nodule) that can be felt through the skin of the neck
- Voice changes, including increasing hoarseness
- Difficulty to swallow
- Pain in the neck and throat
- Swollen lymph nodes in the neck
👉Thyroid cancer is classified into different subtypes based on the types of cells found in the tumor:
- Papillary thyroid cancer.
- Follicular thyroid cancer.
- Anaplastic thyroid cancer.
- Medullary thyroid cancer.
Dr. Rodrigo Arrangóiz from Center for Advanced Surgical Oncology, is an expert in the treatment of this disease
#Arrangoiz #ThyroidSurgeon #ThyroidCancer #HeadandNeckSurgeon #CancerSurgeon #SurgicalOncologist #CASO #CenterforAdvancedSurgicalOncology #PalmettoGeneralHospital